Blooming lovely floral accessories
The sun has decided to make an appearance, at last, and it has finally been feeling a lot like spring the past couple of days! It's perfect weather for a bit of outdoor crafting and sewing and what better place to find inspiration than in your own garden!
Want to make some of your own? These flower brooches, rings or hair clips are the perfect way to spread the springtime cheer. These are such fun to make, and go as far as you let your creativity take them!
What you'll need:
- assorted colours of felt
- flower templates
- needle & thread
- hair clips, ring bases or brooch backs (you can find these at Poundland or your local crafty store, or Amazon... but shop locally first if you can)
- hot glue gun
Let's do it:
1. Download our templates and print them out at 100%. Cut them out and pin them to your pieces of felt. Carefully cut out your shapes.
2. The beauty of these felt flowers is that you can stack the pieces however you like, biggest to smallest, and mix and match them. We've added little circles of felt that we've snipped into to create sort of sun-burst flowers. Once you find the right mix, sew the layers together by starting from the back and pushing the needle up through all of the layers at the same time. Secure them with 2-3 stitches and then sew on a bead or a button to complete the centre of the flower.
3. Finally, once your flower is done, get that hot glue gun plugged in and ready to go. Once it's hot and ready, put a dab of glue onto your ring base, hair clip or brooch back and press your flower onto the glue, being very careful not to burn your fingers on the glue.
4. Let it rest for a few minutes while the glue sets and ta-da!