Make a pom pom wall hanging
This is such a fun one, and a great way to use up all those practise pom poms you've made with either the Starter Kit or the Deluxe Kit. String up your pom poms to make a totally unique wall hanging. I've popped some of my favourite ones from Pinterest at the bottom too, to help you get inspired.
What you'll need
Let's get started!
1. Lay out your pom poms and dowel on a table or work surface and play around with how you'd like them to be strung up on the final wall hanging.
Try different combinations, would some look better with a tassel at the end, could you add a few beads as well? These kind of wall hangings are great bases for embellishing with other crafty bits you might have at home like feathers, fabric-scrap tassels, etc.
2. Once you're happy with the layout, cut some lengths of strong string about 1.5m long. Fold them in half and tie a lark's head knot on the dowel.
3. Thread your darning needle with the strong string and start threading your pom poms onto the string.
You want to find the middle string of the pom pom first, and then push your needle through the centre of the "O" of the string so that your pom pom sits in the centre of the string.
4. When you're happy with their placement, add a small dab of glue at the bottom of each pom pom, a little bit inside the fibres, to keep them from sliding down along the string over time.
5. Trim the strings once the glue is dry and hang it up!