This is a pre-recorded online course to take at your own pace. It typically takes 1.5 hours to complete this project.
Fancy learning how to sew? This is a fun and interactive way to introduce simple sewing techniques to children ages 7+.
Join me for some sewing and learn how to make your own felt messenger owl with this online course! ✂️
🧵 Sewing is such a fun way to spend a morning, and these owls are just the cutest!
✂️ Learn something new: we're going to cover back-stitch, running stitch and overstitch in this workshop
🌈 Get a boost of creativity and inspiration to keep making... continue making and decorating your owl's house after the workshop!
You'll have a lovely little owl friend and cardboard owl house at the end of this workshop. 🦉💕
Siblings? Buy 1, get an additional kit 1/2 price. Add two courses to your cart and use the code "SIBLINGOWLS2" at checkout.
What you'll need:
All materials are provided, apart from scissors. You might also want to use paints and glue to decorate your owl house.
⚠️🐑 This kit contains wool. If you’d like a wool-free kit, just send me a message before ordering. 🐑⚠️
How does this online sewing class work?
This online course is hosted by Thinkific. If this is your first course purchase with us, you'll receive log-in details immediately after purchase (check your spam if it's not in your inbox). If you have previously bought a course with us, use this link to log-in after purchase to find your new course in your course library.
It is well-paced, but you can pause and rewind if you need to. Work through the project at your own pace.
Tips for parents:
- Set a laptop up on a table, where your child can sit and watch
- Lay everything out on the table before you begin
- Put a piece of A4 paper on the table to protect it from glue
- Enjoy a cuppa before you begin so you can lend a hand if the thread gets tangled
- One thing I've learned from years of teaching kids to sew is that perfection doesn't matter. If there's a knot, I just tuck it inside and keep going.
- Encourage them to try it first before stepping in
Now let's get stuck into this project together, see you in the course!